With Carus Green continuing to grow and flourish, we have a very exciting position here for a talented Chef de Partie who would like to join our existing team to prepare food for our busy restaurant and bar.
We operate busy kitchens that deliver exemplary food and service to our customers. You'll be involved in day to day service and depending on where you work could also be involved in functions, events and weddings.
You must be passionate about what you do, go the extra mile to deliver extraordinary experiences and delight every guest, embrace change and have a positive , friendly and welcoming approach.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Manage all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation and production, and management and training of kitchen staff
• Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production
• Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order
• Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
• Assume the role as Head Chef in his or her absence
• Assure adherence to all standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation in conjunction with the specifications
• Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met
• Assure kitchen personnel is trained in best cleanliness and sanitation practices
Qualifications and Skills
• Proven experience as a chef in a similar quality kitchen.
• Sound awareness and skill within all culinary functions.
• A passion for consistently high standards and attention to detail.
• The ability to work well in a high pressured environment.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
• A strong customer service focus with the motivation to consistently drive high service levels.
Sound awareness of health and safety, food hygiene, COSH and HACCP legislation.
2 Years experience (prefered)
How to apply
You can download supporting infomation and an application form below - as a single zip file or one file at a time.
Apply in writing to: Carus Green Golf Club, Burneside Road, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 6EB